This prominent sandstone church was built in 1871, is Heritage listed and required careful selection of conservation materials.
Aranac was engaged to carryout restoration works on stonework, roof frame, roof tiles, guttering and to repair internal walls, flooring and repaint throughout. The original traditional green glazed French Marseilles tiles were imported from Germany.
Detailed investigation of the roof tiles revealed that the original tiles were replaced in the 1970's with a cheap concrete tile that had degraded and discoloured to black. Aranac then sourced a replacement that was true to the original tile colour. These tiles had to be imported from south America.
New standing seam copper panels were installed over the Vestry and the stonework was restored as necessary